I have an exam tomorrow, so I'll make this short and sweet. I received a phone call today that I was selected to be on the NIEHS graduate training grant (National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences). This will pay for some lab supplies and my stipend/tuition for the next 6 months, then pending external renewal (the program, not me) for another 6 months and then the grant is renewable for another year if I choose to apply. I'm pretty stoked, there were only 2 positions available and I didn't really know if I had a shot considering I'm relatively green to the program. However, I did and this will not only help now but do a really good job paving the way for further funding both in school and professionally. This also means I am officially into my lab with Dr. P studying aerosols and particulates and their impact on pulmonary (and systemic) human health. Anyway, back to the grindstone for that test tomorrow...
Take it easy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Rock on stud!
I love training grants. We have a bunch in my department for NIH (National Institute of Health) They make my job much easier- it's never fun telling people their accounts are almost empty.
Post a Comment