The journey started off on Wednesday. Reagan still had to work till 11:30am, I had another test at 9am and Scout had to go see the vet for her last shots at 12:30. Of course, I finished the test at 12:18 (3+ hrs, yet I was only the second to finish) too late to drive Scout to the vet. Of course, Reagan can drive her, but she has only just learned how to drive stick and Davis is ridden with stoplights on slight inclines, a new manual driver's nightmare especially since we had only been out driving a few times. However, Reagan is quite the quick learner and not only found the vet but had no car troubles along the way. I'd say she's got it! After grabbing some lunch for the road, we were off. We arrived in Richland at my parents house ~2am, Thursday morning.
We spent the day Thursday just hanging out and it just so happened our 750 mile trip home put us just over the 3k mile mark so I took the opportunity of having a full garage to swap the oil/filter out on the car while Reagan, Katie, and Mom hung out watching the parade and getting the feast ready. Also, Scott stopped by with his 5.0 Mustang he just got back in running order and we went out for a quick jaunt to say 'Happy Thanksgiving' to Josh (see "A New Lands End Catalog?", October 21st ). Of course , Michael also wanted to take it out. Apparently some of his friends had been talking about burnouts and of course he had to try. . . Being the bad influence I am, I eventually gave him a lecture about not driving like an idiot and doing this type of thing in public, NEVER dreaming of doing it in my Vette when I wasn't there and hadn't given him explicit permission, and then let him rip one off from a 10mph roll in 1st in exchange for a promise of using his head and never doing it again. Of course, now I had to show him how to really do it and several 360s later the Vette was being hastily tucked back under its car cover....
We feasted on Thanksgiving dinner ~2pm and then proceeded to hang out, catch up, listen to the song my dad had written for accordion, listen to my brother play piano and play with the dogs (who had taken quite a liking to each other) and Chairmen Meow (the cat). It was a great time and all too short.
Friday around 11am we hit the road for Seattle. We arrived at Reagan's parent's house slightly before the other guests started arriving. Guests? Yes, they delayed their Thanksgiving and were going to have it with us on Friday. Her grandparents, and even two of her uncles and their family came out to have it with us (Tim, Debbie and Taylor and Dennis, Kathy and Jen).
Also, Maddie and Sam came over to the feast. It was a lot of great food and even more fun. After thoroughly stuffing ourselves as if we were the turkeys, what better to do than play some scattegories. Now I don't know what research has been performed on this, but I think tryptophan not only makes you sleepy but stupid as well. It was a rough start for me and I received a nice whomping in round 1 where Paula got the win. We played a second round and Reagan and I tied in that series, though I may have had the overall winning total. They were some rousing games but after all the 'game'... (turkey and scattergories) har har har, everyone was tired, even the puppy!
Saturday we met up with Maddie and Sam for some breakfast at the Woodinville Cafe and discussion over the disgusting-ness of those small cups of milk based creamer restaurants have out on tables which are most definitely not refrigerated. Thank you calcium and zinc sulfate. Also Scout finally met their cat Atticus (hmm, thats funny). However, just as was foretold by Harper Lee. Atticus is the dominant one and Scout is just the ever excited and curious younger sibling. We then headed out to my Grandparents house where we had lunch and visited for a while. We also go to see what Katie has done to the house next door and also Tristan, Kevin, Jan and Kayleen briefly before they went to watch the husky game. They all got to meet Scout and unfortunately we didn't get to meet up with Steve, LaRee and Kyle, who really was looking forward to meeting Scout, but we will definitely see them over Christmas break. We headed back out to the Runyon's to hang out with the grandparents and immediate fam and watch the game. After some pizza and a disappointing apple cup, we all waved goodbye to Coach Willingham we watched Elf, to raise our spirits.
Sunday, we woke up, hopped in the car and took off for home. Neither of us wanted to leave but unfortunately we had to. Luckily we'll be back shortly and we want to see everybody when we come back. The few days we had was not nearly enough for even our families let alone all our friends we didn't get to see.

1 comment:
Thanks for the shoutout Chris, it's nice to see some pics from your Thanksgiving weekend.
P.S. I'm glad you guys will be back again soon
P.P.S. I have a blog that I needed to start for my tech class, but you should check it out anyways because it's kind of a big deal. There's also a post that is a tribute to Reagan :)
Post a Comment