Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wishbone is jealous...


Oh yes, that is Scout sitting on the bottom shelf of one of our bookcases. And for those of you who don't remember the super show on PBS titled Wishbone, it's about a dog who reads books and it is awesome. Scout however is above, or below?, reading and will go and sit in the bookcase when she loses a toy underneath it and can't reach it by herself. Wishbone, eat your heart out.

Today Reagan and I volunteered at her daycare's Christmas party for the kids. I've now learned something. Anything with the words "party" and "kids" in it, really just means, insanity. Those little buggers are fast and wild. I manned the bean bag toss which later became the "hit Chris through the bean bag toss" game. Three boys in particular really enjoyed it and would scream in glee and jump up and down when all three of them made it, occasionally blasting off to hug their parents in delight. I actually had a good time and the kids were pretty cute. I also have much more respect for what Reagan goes through everyday, I'll take analytical chemistry any day of the week!

Speaking of any day of the week, I'm currently finishing up my second rotation which has involved me going into lab for 13 days straight now (urgh) developing a HPLC method and getting nowhere near confident and repeatable quantitative measurements. However, I'll present my findings for now to the lab on Monday and I'll take PTX final on Wednesday and then be done just in time to get the Doge (one of Scout's many aliases) spayed and chipped. Hopefully all goes well there.

Also, I wanted to add this photo of Mt. Shasta Reagan took on the way up to Washington for Thanksgiving. The photo still really doesn't do it justice.


That's all for now. I'll try to update a bit more often than I have been. With Christmas, finals, work, and Scout, we've just been a little busy around here.
Take care.

No comments: