Friday, September 14, 2007

Week 1 in review

I've decided to start sending this to people. So excuse the long posts, I think they'll tone down once we're settled but everyday is a new adventure right now.

Continuing from Day 2...
We ate that night at a place called "Jack's (Steakhouse)." Really good steak but a bar like, blacked out atmosphere. Weird. Good size portions, ~10-12$ a plate with big salads too.

We left in the morning and arrived in Davis. We got our apartment, which in contrary to my thoughts was slightly larger than a shoe box. (Pictures to follow)

Over the next few days we hopped right into the swing of things. Reagan was busy applying for jobs and I started work at the Center for the Environment and Health building where I thought I would meet my professor for my first rotation. About 30 minutes in and I was helping out on collecting and fixing tissue samples for an experiment. On the third day there I met Congressman Thompson and some people from various engineering and health departments for the county.
Mai, a post-doc; Me; Health department dude.



On Tuesday my high school friend Brian Estes (Bob Dylan?) and his girlfriend, Mary Kate, came through town on their trip down to Ecuador so we hit up the local german style brewery, Sudwerks, and had some brews and burgers. Later we checked out the 4$ Movie Tuesdays and watched Superbad (hilarious, but wow, expletives replace common articles).

The following day we went to the weekly farmers market and made some delicious dinner. On that same day we had our first visitors when Reagan's friend from Rome, Elizabeth and Julie came to town. We all had a great dinner but the best part of Wednesday...is when Reagan GOT HER JOB! Yep, I have to admit, I was surprised that in a matter of four days she had snagged not only a good job with benefits but a higher salary than was advertised. Bay bay!

So I mean, that is a BRIEF summary of the week. So much happened, we are currently couch shopping and then we'll settle down as Reagan's job starts and I start school. I don't think there really is anything else to add...

1 comment:

the dumpling princess said...

Oh my goodness I don't know where to start.... how about, PUPPY!!!!!! I am so excited/jealous of you guys... I can't wait till we add our little guy to the mix. Congrats to Reag on the job, where is she working? You guys sound crazy busy, I might start blogging again to keep in touch with you guys and the various friends who have left for various parts of the country... anywho- much love!