Reagan and I have been in Davis for 5 days. We drove down over two days starting September 6th. We drove about 10 hours the first day and stayed in Redding, CA. (Around 2.5 hours from Davis) I would've preferred going straight to Davis and staying in the apartment we were already paying for but the office required we be there by 4:30pm which meant we had to leave Seattle at around 1 in the morning. Reagan's parents graciously offered to pay for our lodging for the night and insisted we leave on our own schedule and not drive through the night.
We decided it be best that we get our lodging settled before we departed so the night before we came to checking out hotels. We decided the least likely to have our stuff stolen out of our car during the night and still cheapest was the Travelodge and a spectacular 92$. What a deal, huh? While we had packed most of things into a "Door-to-Door" storage unit (5'x6'x7' and what fun to pack!) we still had a great deal of things with us in the car. I was about to book our room when I thought of checking for bed and breakfast places. If they were in the same price range, they surely would be better even if slightly more expensive. We found the "Bridgehouse Bed and Breakfast" and the morning of our trip I called. They had a vacancy in their most inexpensive room and we were off. While we could have had a travelodge, we got:

Now I should be honest, this did cost 3$ more than the Travelodge.... The innkeeper was a very kind woman, who when we had to leave before the, what smelled and looked like a delicious breakfast, insisted we take some fruit, scones, and coffee. The total after tax came to 104$ which while pricey for us, is quite a good deal for the area and well worth the 3 dollars over the travelodge. The views were also beautiful and we had our own private bath. The only thing that struck us as odd was the 2" gap under the door. Otherwise it was fine and very well kept. We highly suggest it if you can't make it all the way down to us. Tommorow I'll try to complete the rest of trip as well as some of our adventures setting up house.
http://www.reddingbridgehouse.com/index.html

1 comment:
I love the blog Chris! Keep it up! And let Reagan do guest posts.
/hugs to you both :)
maddie
Post a Comment