So we did the right thing, saving our dog from a dangerous brown little mushroom. She is a puppy after all, very little would be required to kill her. We contacted a mushroom specialist in the area who provides identification via e-mailed photos of the specimen to confirm that while terrible for Scout, inducing vomiting was the correct action for us to take, those little brown cap mushrooms. He called us right after Scout had finished relieving every meal she had eaten under our roof. He cheerfully informed us, that we had nothing to worry about and that not only do humans eat this mushroom but our country's constitution is drafted in the ink of its spores! Our poor little Scout.
Its now been a week since this little event. And all thankfully is well.
Reagan:

Well... on a less depressing note, I started my job this week. I can't remember feeling this exhausted- waking up during the night with Scout, taking her on her 6:00am walk, and then working 9 hours a day is really taxing, but I love it. Just when I think I can't take another 5:30 am wake up call from the puppy I look at her and remember that she is completely adorable and totally reliant on us, and I feel a renewed affection for her. Every morning we walk between one to two miles. This is a picture of the terrace at Oakshade Town Center, where we walk every morning to get coffee and a dog bone.

So far, the job is great. I work in the toddler room at Russell Park Child Development Center as a head-teacher-in-training, with three other teachers (one head teacher, two assistants) and about 20 kids between 18 months and 3 years old. It's a riot. I love this age group because so many big things are happening- walking, talking, figuring out how to use a fork, potty training... lots of work, but there is always something new. I love my boss, she's the kind of person who goes the extra mile (or 10) to make sure everyone has what they need- even getting me health insurance after just a week of employment as opposed to the usual 90 days, and making sure I have a free parking pass, etc. Being so far from family, it's a comfort to know that there are genuinely sweet people looking out for me here too.
Chris's parents are planning to visit in early October, and my parents are planning to come in over Veteran's Day weekend in early November, and we can't wait to see the familiar faces we love! Best of all, today we bought a couch, so we won't have to sit on the floor! :)

We picked out a tan colored couch at Macy's in Sacramento, and got a really good deal on a green suede chair that Chris has been yearning for since we started furniture hunting. All in all it was a productive weekend. Also, Scout learned how to sit, and Chris starts orientation activities and TA training tomorrow.

1 comment:
I'm glad things are going well guys! It sounds like your job is going well Reag! I miss you guys and I wish I could come visit :(
Post a Comment