I have to admit, I woke up today in a great mood. The dog slept till 6:50, and quite miraculously, I woke instead of Reagan and let her out. It was a great start to the day. I wasn't particularly excited that I woke up first and I had to go stand outside while the dog did her business, but I often feel bad since I sleep so deeply, that Reagan always seems to be up with the dog when I finally start to stir. Reagan and I rode to work/class as is our routine and the day was going well.
I made it through some mundane (and repetitive) training and attended the E-Tox ice cream social. I mean, free ice cream, how does a day get any better? So as I rode home to let Scout out and play with her a bit before I picked up Reagan from work so we could attend the PTX symposium that evening, I was in a great mood.
Then all of a sudden....BANG, my rear bike bearing broke. I walked home somewhat perturbed that my transportation for the first day of class was dysfunctional, but relieved that it happened today rather than on the way to my first class tomorrow.
I picked up Reagan from work, and we went to the community clinic to get the results of her mandatory tuberculosis test. We were told she doesn't have TB. For obvious reasons, this is great news, especially because it means she'll be keeping that teaching job. Not only was that good, we were going to be early to the symposium I had assumed we would be tardy to. I distinctly remember thinking at this point, this really has been a good day all in all.
As if some god of irony had been listening to my thoughts the whole time, BANG! We were rear ended. At a pretty good clip of about 25mph (We had been at a full stop for about 10-15 seconds). The girl was nice and said, "I'm sorry, I was looking over my shoulder." So it should be a clear fault case and hopefully things with insurance goes well.
The symposium was fun. Reagan got a chance to meet my coworkers and fellow grads, and we were served some good food and drinks.
Just now we did some agility training with Scout on the playground running stairs, slides, going through tunnels, stuff like that. Now that all three of us are sufficiently exhausted I'm off to bed before my first day of class tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
lame! i hate bad days. good thing that you still had some good things happen for balance. :)
Post a Comment