
It consists of a 2.9mile walk around a cool little park, a silent auction, various in-town vendor booths who gave away pet related freebies and a variety of contests including a costume contest, a small and big dog "musical sit", and a best trick contest. Reg, Scout and myself decided to come out and support the SPCA and meet some dogs. There was a pretty good turnout lots of good free stuff including a stand that was just giving away bags and bags of food and treats. The walk showed us a very new and cool part of Davis we hadn't seen before. When we returned, we decided that we would go ahead and enter Scout in the small dog "musical sit." I mean, while she is quite the turd, she isn't so shabby at sitting. Reg suggested I do it since Scout seems a bit more responsive to me and so it began. We started out with ~15 dogs or so, and let me tell you, I thought this was for fun....I'm not so sure some of the other contestants thought so. . . (crazy competitive...)
Scout was being quite good besides a few distractions and we made it to the final three. Sadly that was as far as we were going to make it. We were outsted by the crazy lady and another woman with dogs that sat as soon as the owner stopped walking (as opposed to me stopping and giving Scout a command). Poor Scouty didn't have a chance. We are pretty proud of her for getting so far though. It was a lot of fun and we're sure Scout had a good time meeting lots of other dogs. I still can't really believe that Davis is a real place. The town is so quaint, nice, and friendly. They do things like d0ggone walk-a-thons and have farmer's markets with free merry-go-rounds and pony rides for kids. They have more parks than people it seems and they all have really awesome play equipment, not to mention how ridiculously dog friendly Davis is. Not that we mind, I think we are still in disbelief sometimes that this is actually a real place.


No comments:
Post a Comment