So things have been mighty busy down here. We haven't been up to much besides long hours at work/school and sorting through our taxes trying getting those ready to go.
We did get to make it out this weekend and checked out Lake Berryessa, about 40 minutes west of Davis. (And on some great twisty roads.) It was pretty cool and we got to do some hiking which all of us, especially Scout, really enjoyed. However she also got ticks, which we didn't enjoy.
Today I caught up on some studying and Reagan met with some of her coworkers for a book/knitting club type thing. We also went out and hit some golf balls as the sunset. It was gorgeous with all the fields bright green and the sun setting over the mountains in the distance. Yeah, it has been a bit of a running joke with my classmates and Reagan and I, about how winter lasted about 2 weeks down here. I've been driving around with the windows down and regretting bringing a sweatshirt on days I forget. (And having horrid summertime Vette withdrawals as well...) Hopefully it lasts. I mentioned to Reagan that maybe we'll be able to get some golf in when we're in Seattle in March, and then she reminded me that we are apparently living in some kind of oasis. However, if it makes you feel any better, we also are sharing the sunshine with swarms
P.S. Bay Area FSN showed the UW v UCLA game. All I have to say is, WHOSE HOUSE?!
Now let's keep this rolling.

2 comments:
Well, I'm jealous. It is a whopping 2 degrees, feels like -12 in the Twin Cities today.
The one thing that is nice about the winter- if your freezer is too full, just put it in your car.
Blah ticks are so gross! Poor Scout!
Post a Comment