Ok, Ok, it is very hard but it obviously isn't intolerable. I think the joke about there being just two weeks of winter wasn't actually a joke. The weather is great and after my exam on Thursday a few of us went out and played 18 holes. There is a nice course here...and a less nice one. The latter has "twilight hours" starting at noon on weekdays making 18 holes a ripe 10$/person. While the course upkeep isn't anything to write home about (ironic I would use that choice of words on this) the holes are pretty good length, with water hazards, bunkers and pretty difficult greens. I managed 5 pars with two throwaway attempts at birdies, which, considering when I left Seattle, I was aiming 50 yards right of the target on every swing is a great improvement.
I'm starting a new rotation, although I am permanently in a lab, my adviser would like me to do another rotation to show a breadth of experience, where I'll be doing some analytical chemistry in a lab which does a lot of the race horse testing for steroids. Should be somewhat interesting.
Reg's doing well and today we met a little 4month old Scottie at the farmer's market. Scout really liked her and they played around for quite a while. Obviously, Reagan would love to add a Scottie to the mix, but we'll be waiting for more room and a fully trained Scout before that day. We're looking forward to the weekend. Hope everyone had a good one!
P.S. This is a great story (mp3) from This American Life today.
Malcolm Gladwell tells a story about newspapering and perverse and often baffling stories.
Right click, save target as
(If that doesn't work, click here http://www.mediafire.com/?3dwizjtj6iy )

No comments:
Post a Comment