Sunday, October 14, 2007

Over the river and 12 hours away, back to Richland my parents go


This past weekend my parents made the trip down to visit Reg and I. My father and I both celebrated our birthdays as well. They made it in to town on Friday afternoon and met up with Scout and myself at the apartment. While we were waiting for Reagan to finish with work, we took Scout for a walk where she showed off her slide-skills (See the video from our post on September 30th.) Then I gave them a quick tour of campus on our way to pick up Reagan. We headed off to the local brewery, Sudwerks, and got some dinner. It was good, as usual, and we had a good time. The next day we went into town and rented some bikes. There is a loop that goes all the way around Davis and we just started riding. Luckily Reagan brought her map, as I only "knew" the way...part of the way. We made our way back into town and tried to catch the farmer's market to get some lunch, but we were too late. Instead, we checked out a restaurant called Crepeville. It was pretty good and the portions were quite hearty, just as they were last night. We walked around downtown Davis a bit and then headed back home where Reagan made her amazing goat cheese stuffed chicken with basmati rice and a greek salad. Mmm mmm. It was delicious and then for desert we had my mom's monster cookies (ridiculously good) and homemade cupcakes and ice cream. Whew, that was a big meal but delicious. Unfortunately they had to leave early the next morning but it was really nice to get to see them and it felt really good to have family around again. (Katie couldn't make it down but we did talk to her Saturday and found out she passed the bar! Congrats Katie! We knew you'd ace it.)

Today Reagan indulged me by looking at a WRX (4 doors and AWD, great for our winter commutes home) I had seen, in exchange I agreed to go look for a dog Halloween costume. She doesn't particularly like the look of WRX's and I don't particularly like torturing dogs (kidding Reagan!)... So it was an even trade. The WRX as expected, was in sorry shape. Unfortunately we did come home with a dog costume. Amazingly Scout was a really good sport and wore it around for a bit.


However, once Reagan had taken it off, she exacted her revenge upon it. In hopes, I'm sure, of rendering it unrecognizable. She is a smart dog. but Reagan is smarter. The costume I am sure, will be making another appearance come All Hallow's Eve.















P.S. We finished our coasters! (In clockwise from the top left: Scout, Emma, Clover, and Abbie.

1 comment:

Aunt Patti said...

Chris and Reagan - looks like you had a wonderful weekend! Poor Scout though - or should I say poor costume. Is it mendable? What is Thanksgiving looking like for you two? Kirsta will stay in STL. Erik and Jen will stay in Gig Harbor...so there you have it! Rosie and Gracie are available to play though.....am glad things are going well! love you