Friday, October 12, 2007

Finished the first test of my graduate career...

So this morning I took the first test of my graduate career. Overall, I feel pretty good about it. It was 11 pages long and we had up to 4 hours to complete it. I was the third done out of 15 at 2 hours flat. So I either really messed up...or I made it out ok. We'll see I suppose... Difficulty wise, I can't say it was the hardest test I've ever had, but then again I've never studied so much in my life. Including when I was taking 3 hard classes as opposed to just 1!

On a more interesting note, my parents are coming down today. We're just waiting for them to get here now. I'm pretty excited for them to see Davis, our apartment, and of course meet Scout. Speaking of Scout, she learned and performed "Roll Over" today. I honestly can't believe it. I was told since she is a stubborn breed and that she would never do it. But we proved them wrong! I think what really helped was our songs for her. Whenever she was being a little snot, I would sing in a sing-song voice about how I was going to skin her and make her into a hat. I think she really gets the message...

Another thing we have been working on is getting some better coasters, here is the before and after:
































That is Clover, the Runyon's Westie and then Abbie, my family's lab mix. We are working on get Scout and Emma in there as well. Much better than the cork!

I think it will be really cool for my parents to see it here. I was thinking about it last night. When I talk to them, I can visual their surroundings and everything, but they have never seen Davis, the place we live, anything. It must be weird. So it will be exciting to see what they think of the place. Anyway, they'll get here any second.

Don't be strangers, hope everyone is doing well.

1 comment:

maddie said...

I like this post chris. congrats on kicking ass and taking names, both with the test and teaching scout. tell your parents hi! i'm sure you guys are having a ball. :)